CANTAB Research Suite software is designed to work with Windows 7, 8 and 10 touchscreen devices.
Please be aware that we will no longer be validating CANTAB Research Suite for any newly-released operating systems or tablets and we cannot guarantee it will be able to run on these. This means that the software will run on versions up to and including Windows 10, version 1709, but will not necessarily run on later versions of the operating system.
Instructions on how to find out which version of Windows 10 you are running can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system
You can continue to use CANTAB Research Suite on your Windows tablet for the duration of your current license, just as before, with the same customer support provided by our experts. We cannot, however, guarantee the availability of suitable Windows tablets in future.
For Windows 10, the system requirements are:
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB free disk space
- Finger operated touchscreen
An internet connection is not required to administer the CANTAB tests.
N.B. Windows RT devices are not supported for use with CANTAB Research Suite.
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
- 2 USB ports. If you do not plan to use any tests that require the press pad, only one USB port is required.
- Sound and display adapters 100% compatible with Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or later and speakers.
- Touchscreen with compatible Windows drivers (for Windows 7 or 8.1, this must be a Windows Touch compatible screen).
- The minimum screen size is 8.75˝ (22.1cm) wide and 4.9˝ high (12.4cm) for Intelligent Layout, or 8˝ wide and 6˝ high for Original Layout (these are two ways of displaying the CANTAB tests; Original Layout displays the tests in a 4:3 rectangular area; Intelligent Layout displays the tests optimised to fit better on a wider screen).
- We recommend a screen size with a diagonal measurement of between 9″ (23 cm) and 17″ (43 cm) if you wish to make comparisons with CANTAB normative data or data collected on older versions of CANTAB.
- We can supply a press pad for you to purchase for licenses containing tests which require it.
- Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser, to display reports correctly.
If you require any further information on system requirements or would like to know more about upgrading to the latest version of CANTAB Research Suite, please contact us.