About the company
Would you like to work for a business with a clear passion for making a real difference to lives?
Cambridge Cognition Plc is a world-leading neuroscience technology company optimising the assessment of cognition for better brain health with scientifically validated digital health solutions. The company is at an exciting point in its evolution, having developed and launched several new digital health solutions for clinical trials over the last few years.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) regarding all financial and accounting activities and compliance. Responsible for statutory accounting requirements and management of the finance team. Delivery of monthly account and ensuring the month end procedures are run efficiently and on time.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Producing statutory accounts, ensuring that month end procedures are run efficiently
- Ensuring that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are maintained
- Overseeing monthly cashflow forecasts
- Reviewing and lodging tax returns
- Managing financial compliance
- Managing the audit process
- Managing day to day operations of the finance department and developing a small team
- Maintain a system of controls
- Additional ad hoc projects
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
Note: The above is not an exhaustive list and responsibilities may vary dependant on the need of the role and the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of working with AIM listed company is essential
- IFRS and management reporting
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Excellent written communication; good oral communication
- Demonstrable focus on people, systems, and processes
- Demonstrable change management experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills across a range of stakeholders and experience of working successfully as part of a team
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- UK GAAP
- Experience of Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Tax experience including R&D reclaims
- Budgeting and forecasting
How to apply
Cambridge Cognition offers an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. The position will remain open until filled.
For an informal chat about the role please call our recruitment team on 01223 810700 or to apply please send a CV and a covering note explaining your interest to email@example.com
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees, and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.