Summary of position
The position is within the Cambridge Cognition R&D team. Our mission is to find new ways to measure cognition and mental health using apps, voice, and sensors. The role is primarily responsible for prototyping and deploying new app-based cognitive assessments, and also extending ‘NeuroVocalix’ – our voice-based cognitive assessment platform.
This is a full-stack engineering role and involves the development of front-end and back-end code building upon our cloud-based platform. Currently, the majority of our development is conducted in Typescript and React, with Swift and Python also part of the mix. The R&D team is composed of a mix of software engineers and neuroscientists.
This role is based in the Cambridge Cognition offices in Bottisham. While there is scope for some remote working, post-COVID this role will be primarily office-based.
About the company
Would you like to work for a business with a clear passion for making a real difference to lives?
Cambridge Cognition Plc is a world-leading neuroscience technology company optimising the assessment of cognition for better brain health with scientifically validated digital health solutions. The company is at an exciting point in its evolution, having developed and launched several new digital health solutions for clinical trials over the last few years.
The business, based just outside Cambridge, employs c.70 people, is growing at pace, and has made great progress in executing its commercially focused strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development of prototype phone and voice apps for deployment on our platform.
- Assisting with the end-user testing of prototypes including running crowdsourced experiments.
- Assisting with data extraction and data analysis when required.
- Assisting in developing our machine-learning capability including tools and processes when required.
- Maintenance of design documentation.
- Liaising with the core software team to ensure the smooth transition of R&D concepts into production.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience developing and deploying smartphone apps (iOS, Android)
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- UX design, implementation and user-testing.
- Experience with ASR/Voice
- Experience with real-time streaming applications
- Experience using the Atlassian toolset
- AWS/GCP/Azure, microservices, docker
- Any machine-learning exposure is a plus.
- A keen interest in psychology, neuroscience or digital health
- Python or Swift
- A good first degree in a numerate discipline.
How to apply
Cambridge Cognition offers an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. The position will remain open until filled.
For an informal chat about the role please call our recruitment team on 01223 810700 or to apply please send a CV and a covering note explaining your interest to HR@camcog.com
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees, and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.