Summary of position
Would you like to work for a business with a clear passion for making a real difference to lives? We are recruiting a Software Developer.
You’ll take a senior role in a sprint team enhancing and maintaining CANTAB® Connect, a cognitive testing platform, and its end-user applications using modern web technologies. You’ll typically work with 3-4 others in a sprint team practicing Agile Scrum or Kanban.
Your work will support researchers and health organisations worldwide in improving patient outcomes in conditions affecting brain health.
We’re looking for someone who
- Would like to be part of the digital health revolution transforming medical research
- Is excited about building patient-centred smartphone and voice apps using AI to diagnose cognitive health
- Can work effectively as part of a small R&D team of scientists and engineers, and also work collaboratively with other teams in the organisation including working closely with the core engineering team.
- Are able to communicate effectively to team members, collaborators, and stakeholders both within and outside the organisation.
- Are able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks, manage their workload and deadlines, will look for opportunities to take ownership and to proactively solve problems.
About the company
Cambridge Cognition Plc is a world-leading neuroscience technology company optimising the assessment of cognition for better brain health with scientifically validated digital health solutions. The company is at an exciting point in its evolution, having developed and launched several new digital health solutions for clinical trials over the last few years.
The business, based just outside Cambridge, employs c.70 people, is growing at pace, and has made great progress in executing its commercially focused strategy.
Find out more here.
Tasks and responsibilities
Together with your sprint team, you will:
- Design and implement software solutions that deliver maximum value to Cambridge Cognition and our customers
- Develop game-like computerised cognitive tests
- Assist with improving our user experience, developing our platform’s architecture, and creating optimal development processes
- Write and review appropriate documentation to demonstrate Cambridge Cognition’s products adhere to the required regulatory standards
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or comparable field of experience.
- Experience working with microservice architectures and/or Docker/containerised environments
- The ability to create efficient and robust designs for software components and effectively communicate these to stakeholders, ensuring an accurate implementation and that advantages of the design are used to best effect
- Experience of using an Agile methodology and in leading software development sprints/iterations
- Full software development lifecycle experience in successful projects, utilising good software development and quality management practices
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing your skills, taking advantage of all provided mentoring and training opportunities
- A desire to work in an inclusive environment where everyone feeds into continuous improvement and where all team members share knowledge to nurture the team’s overall skill base
- A proven history of being an excellent team player and care deeply about the commitments your team collaboratively makes
- A strong academic record, educated to degree level or holding equivalent relevant professional experience
- Good basic mathematical ability and excellent communication skills
- A desire to build meaningful healthcare software applications that improve the quality of people’s everyday lives
- DevOps experience, including configuring and maintaining tooling, Ansible and Linux sysadmin, and command line experience
- Experience of developing software under a formal quality management system
- An interest in creating great user experiences with supporting knowledge/experience
How to apply
Cambridge Cognition offers an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. The position will remain open until filled.
For an informal chat about the role please call our recruitment team on 01223 810700 or to apply please send a CV and a covering note explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees, and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.