Who we are
Cambridge Cognition Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us via the website, social media platforms and business development events
When you use our website www.cambridgecognition.com, our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- name and organisation you work for
- contact information, including e-mail address and telephone number
- areas of research you are interested in.
We also obtain the same types of personal information from other sources as follows:
- customer feedback and market research from online surveys
- events and conferences.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- customise the website according to your interests
- improve our products and services
- send you promotional e-mails about new or existing products, special offers, events or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address which you have provided
- contact you for market research purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We only share personal information with:
- law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of personal information is required from you to enable us to:
- contact you about events, developments, information or other matters that may be of interest to you
- take part in market research
- enable you to download resources from our website
- provide you with more detailed information about our research and products.
You have the choice whether to provide your personal information to us. If you decide not to, you will still be able to use the website but not all functionality will be available to you.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for use in marketing communications for as long as you want to receive them.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the USA to organisations who process information on our behalf, such as providers of software that we use for certain data management or e-mail marketing services.
If you are in the European Economic Area (being the European Union members states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”), your Personal Information will only be transferred outside the EEA where either the transfer is to a country which the EU Commission has decided ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal information, or measures have been put in place to ensure adequate security as required by data protection laws. These measures include ensuring that your personal information is kept safe by carrying out security checks on these overseas partners and suppliers, backed by strong contractual undertakings approved by the relevant regulators such as the EU style model clauses. The EU Commission approved EU-US Privacy Shield may also be used when Personal Information is transferred to the US.
You can find out more information about standard contractual clauses as detailed by the ICO. Visit their website at ico.org.uk and search for ‘International transfers’.You can find out more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield by visiting https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en
If you would like further information please contact Louise Ward, our Data Protection Officer (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. .
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights which you can exercise free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Louise Ward, our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. full name, company and email address),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 72 hours for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer please send an email to email@example.com or, write to Cambridge Cognition Limited, Tunbridge Court, Tunbridge Land, Bottisham, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB25 9TU, UK or call +44(0)1223 810700.